Bay Area Business and Corporate Law
In a volatile economy, sound legal advice on matters ranging from business formation to capital raising can make the critical difference for a company’s viability. To learn how your company can benefit from our ability to tailor our services to the demands of your business or corporate situation, contact us.
Versatile, Practical and Focused Business Law Advice
The business and corporate attorneys of LPS emphasize prompt, cost-effective and responsive service to meet the needs of high-tech startups, established family businesses, community banks, tax-exempt organizations, professional practice groups, publicly traded corporations or major financial institutions.
Our business practice group advises clients at any stage of development about the best ways to pursue opportunities while identifying and managing risk with respect to such matters as:
- Entity selection, registration, restructuring, expansion or dissolution of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- Business operations as they might be affected by considerations of employment law, tax law, securities law, or even California probate or family law
- Business transactions ranging from customer or vendor contracts to joint ventures, distributorships or real estate projects
- Intellectual property advice for high-tech entrepreneurs, e-commerce retailers, software developers and distributors, buyers and sellers of licenses, or venture capital investors
- General counsel services for small businesses, new business entities or closely-held corporations
- Corporate or partnership transactions to accommodate expansion, effect a sale or merger, or manage the departure of an equity principal
- Business, corporate or partnership litigation, including alternative dispute resolution
We Feature Practical and Focused Client Service in Corporate and Securities Law
LPS offers sophisticated but streamlined legal advice for corporations, startups and serial entrepreneurs in need of access to capital markets. We offer one-stop service without the staffing and fee structure characteristic of other firms.
We focus on startups and early-stage companies that need to be positioned for fundraising through attention to corporate formation, capitalization and early-stage financing through common, preferred, or convertible securities issues.
Because we work closely with our clients, we can deliver practical advice that meets the unique circumstances of their particular situation. Moreover, we can leverage the resources of our other practice groups in order to provide comprehensive counsel and representation across the full range of your legal needs.
Our corporate clients include both local and foreign entrepreneurs who have relied on our legal counsel to help them start companies in the Bay Area. Over the years, a number of our clients have had successful exits via merger or acquisition, while some have gone public in the U.S. or Europe. We have longstanding relationships with most of the serial entrepreneurs that we’ve represented.
Leland, Parachini, Steinberg, Matzger & Melnick LLP – San Francisco
For additional information about our business and corporate law practice, contact a lawyer at LPS.