Dependable Advice in Will Contests or Estate Tax Audits
The probate and litigation practice groups at Leland, Parachini, Steinberg, Matzger & Melnick LLP join forces to offer quality counsel and advocacy for clients whose problems with trust or estate administration, guardianship or other issues appear headed to probate court for resolution.
Resolving Bay Area Trust and Estate Disputes Through Litigation or ADR
There are many situations when the advice of a skilled probate litigation attorney can help promote a favorable settlement, achieve a good result in mediation or arbitration, or a victory in probate court:
- Disputes as to the validity or terms of a last will and testament
- Questions as to the proper ownership of a particular asset — estate, trust or lifetime transferee
- Asset valuation questions
- Disputes between the income beneficiaries and the remainder beneficiaries of a trust
- Questions as to the need to appoint a guardian or conservator to protect a vulnerable person’s physical well-being or property
- Estate or trust tax controversies, including audits of estate or trust tax returns
- Business management succession disputes
- Disputes as to the honesty or competence of a fiduciary, such as an executor, personal administrator, trustee, guardian or conservator
Our probate litigation attorneys are committed to helping our clients find the dispute resolution approach that will most likely advance their interests while keeping expenses and risks to a minimum. Our experience with alternative dispute resolution can help steer your case away from the uncertainties of probate litigation. When the merits of the case favor your position, however, our lawyers can usually find a way to make an effective presentation in focused negotiations.
At the same time, our attorneys understand that family relationships are usually at stake and under stress in probate litigation. Our approach to the resolution of your dispute will seek to contain and repair the damage even while advancing your interests.
Leland, Parachini, Steinberg, Matzger & Melnick LLP – San Francisco
For additional information about the scope of our probate litigation practice, contact a lawyer at LPS in San Francisco.