General Counsel Services
Sound advice for closely held and family business enterprises in California has always represented a major priority at Leland, Parachini, Steinberg, Matzger & Melnick LLP. Some of our small business clients have been with the firm for several generations. Our success in developing and maintaining our general counsel practice reflects our ability to deliver effective client service on complex legal problems in a highly personal and attentive professional atmosphere.
Most of our general counsel clients turn to LPS for counsel and advocacy in several or more of the following five broad areas:
- Business formation, capitalization, reorganization, restructuring, or sale of assets or the company itself;
- Relationships with employees, independent contractors and within the ownership group: trade secrets and non-compete agreements, buy-sell and buy-out agreements, separation and termination agreements, professional and executive compensation, and management succession planning;
- Business operations, including commercial contracts, distribution and licensing agreements, service agreements, real estate transactions or equipment leasing;
- Tax planning and counseling; and
- Litigation in state and federal courts, including alternative dispute resolution.
Many of our general counsel clients find that LPS’s range and depth of experience allow our firm to handle every legal challenge they encounter through successive phases of growth. With less than 30 attorneys, we’re small enough to establish a personal relationship with our clients, but big enough to bring sharply-focused professional experience to bear on complex or novel legal problems.
For additional information about our General Counsel Services, contact a lawyer at LPS.