The Intellectual Property attorneys at LPS provide counsel on a broad range of intellectual property services. Our clients range in size from individual entrepreneurs to growing businesses at all stages of development, including publicly traded companies, who work in brick and mortar businesses to those from one end of the e-commerce spectrum (software development and Internet applications) to the other (end-user marketing and distribution).
Our clients’ ability to maximize the value of their intellectual property holdings is often enhanced by the breadth of our lawyers’ experience in a number of areas, including trademarks and copyrights, corporate and securities law, commercial transactions, employment, taxation and litigation.
We advise and represent local and national businesses about such opportunities and problems as the following:
- Trademark selection and protection, copyright registration and infringement, prosecution, trade-secret matters, technology transfers, and high-tech or product marketing, distribution and licensing;
- Business and intellectual property advice for industry-specific software, internet or intranet development;
- Assessment and review of complex international cross-licensing agreements integrating biotechnical research with food product applications;
- Marketing and intellectual property protection for companies in traditional industries, such as women’s apparel, the food industry, the travel industry, or manufacturing;
- Resolution of disputes concerning internet piracy and infringement; and
- Advice for venture capital investors in pursuing business opportunities in new media and e-commerce.
For additional information about our Intellectual Property practice, contact a lawyer at LPS.