Real Estate & Construction
The real estate attorneys of LPS have an extensive and diverse practice, and offer a comprehensive, creative and business-oriented approach to legal services.
Our attorneys provide legal representation in all facets of acquisition, disposition, financing, development, leasing, and operation of real property, including the following:
- Leasing: We have drafted and negotiated and drafted office, retail, hotel, and industrial leases. We have the expertise to handle major, complex lease transactions as well as the staffing to handle general leasing matters quickly and efficiently. In tenant representation, we focus on reaching agreement on lease terms that both address our client¹s concerns while avoiding protracted negotiations that could be of little benefit.
- Real Estate Developers: We provide assistance to real estate developers and individual investors in the acquisition, development and operation of virtually every type and size of real property, including office buildings in downtown and suburban areas, regional and local retail shopping centers, multi-unit residential properties and agricultural lands. We assist overseas clients who seek our advice to create beneficial tax structures for holding and operating their United States properties.
- Institutional Clients: We also represent many national and local financial institutions. Insofar as relevant to our real estate practice, we assist such institutions by preparing loan documents, assisting in workouts and the restructuring of major real estate loans, providing counsel on the funding and monitoring of construction loans, and negotiating and documenting internal institutional real estate needs, such as branch acquisitions and the like.
- Title Insurance Companies: We assist title companies in title insurance litigation matters as well as escrow transactions and other matters affecting the transfer of real estate.
- Business Clients: As part of our general representation of business clients, we provide real estate assistance in a variety of areas, such as real estate financing and the successful negotiation of the acquisition of hundreds of thousands of square feet of commercial space.
We represent a full range of clients active in the real estate industry, including property owners, investors, developers, lenders, schools, retailers and corporate and institutional tenants. Real property transactions range from office buildings, shopping centers, apartment complexes, and manufacturing/industrial buildings, to schools and wineries.
For additional information about our Real Estate practice, contact a lawyer at LPS.