The tax attorneys at LPS provide clients with knowledgeable tax planning and advocacy. Experienced LPS tax attorneys assist clients in achieving positive resolutions in their tax matters including:
- Estate tax and gift tax planning, including preparing and filing estate tax returns (IRS form 706) and gift tax returns (IRS form 709).
- Advice regarding estate, gift or income tax controversies, including audits of estate, gift or income tax returns, and tax litigation before the U.S. Tax Court as well as federal and California courts.
- Advice and implementation of complex estate and gift tax vehicles and opportunities, including family limited liability companies (or partnerships), qualified personal residence trusts (“QPRTs”), grantor retained annuity trusts (“GRATs”), irrevocable life insurance trusts (“ILITs”), intentionally defective grantor trusts (“IDGTs”) and leveraging valuation discounts for partial interests, lack of marketability and lack of control.
- Formation of new businesses, with a focus on choice of entity and optimizing tax results for the entity and the business owners.
- Business income tax planning, including for individuals, business owners, S corporation, C corporation, limited liability companies (LLCs) and partnerships.
- Property tax advice, planning and assessor’s and board of equalization appeals, including changes in ownership, interspousal exclusions, business entity exclusions, parent-child exclusion, and reassessments of real property.
- Structure and validly implementation of internal revenue code section 1031 real property exchanges.
The tax attorneys at LPS are dedicated to assisting our clients to achieve their tax objectives in an efficient and timely manner.
For additional information about our Tax practice, contact a lawyer at LPS.